August 12, 2016

Flea Market Finds...

Brynwood Needleworks - Flea Market Finds

Before going out for a Birthday dinner with my aunt and uncle on Friday, I had lunch and a visit with Sis (Deb, who is Mom's elder daughter). No trip to Wisconsin is complete without a trip to Kewaskum, WI to their antique mall, so Deb and I went there after lunch.

I always check to see if there are any needle tools or books that I don't yet have (or need), but these beauties beckoned me instead. I love vintage enamelware, and have a few different trays like this one. The difference is that my others have black edges and this one is blue. Oh, how I love blue and white. It was the first thing in my basket. I paid seven dollars for it.

Brynwood Needleworks - Flea Market Crock

There were two crocks - perhaps matching - for the same price, but I chose this one over the other, which was chipped on the top and bottom edges. It was five dollars, and I can already see a use for it when we get back home.

Brynwood Needleworks - Flea Market Find - Windsor Castle Plate

When I went up to the second floor, there were lots of vendors selling dishware. I notice whole sets of blue and white Currier & Ives sets, which reminded me of my "good dishes" in my first real apartment. I had to smile. I guess I loved blue and white from the start.

Then, I noticed a rack, filled with more blue and white plates, but there was one that caught my eye. I had it in my basket, but put it back...three times. I took that as a sign. It really was supposed to come home with me. (Don't you love how I make decisions on these matters?) It's a blue and white collector plate featuring Windsor Castle in England...my "homeland".

Brynwood Needleworks - Flea Market Finds -Windsor Castle Plate Back

I turned it over to see how much the dealer was asking. Three fifty? Giggling, I put it into my basket for keeps and headed to the checkout counter. 
 
There was one more item I purchased, but I'm saving that for my Monday post. In total, I spent twenty seven dollars (counting the item I've yet to show you). I'd say that's a pretty good day at the flea market!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE blue and white and your treasures are wonderful. How fun to acquire some new-to-you pieces. I think you were very thrifty and I haven't even seen your special item yet. Happy Shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always love blue and white also. My bedroom and kitchen have always been decorated in those colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna