September 23, 2016

Already Decorating (In My Head)...

Brynwood Needleworks - Cindy Austin "Brown & White Cow"

Right now, our farm kitchen is a blank slate. We have a pantry (not a "butler's pantry" as farmers never had butlers!) with a farm sink and all the cabinets a heart could desire. The adjacent room used to have a stove and refrigerator when the previous owners lived here, but those appliances are long gone and we have an empty room to turn into our kitchen.

Brynwood Needleworks - Cindy Austin "Cow Painting"

I've had stainless steel appliances in our Florida home for years, but stainless seems out of place for our farm. I'm opting instead for white appliances. Handsome and I have also settled on repeating the butcher block countertops, as they're really our favorite counter surface.

Brynwood Needleworks - Cindy Austin "Moonalisa"

The rest of our kitchen ideas will be revealed in good time, but one item keeps coming back to the front of my mind. We're in the Dairy State, surrounded by dairy farmers. I can see cows on the landscape, almost without leaving home. 
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Cindy Austin "Gwendolyn"
 
I love Cindy Austin's animal paintings, and this one - "Gwendolyn" - has captured my heart. I'll be ordering this canvas to hang in our farm. I'm thinking "kitchen" right now, but either way, Gwendolyn is going to live on one of the walls in our farmhouse.

You can find Cindy's artwork in her Etsy shop (pinkgloves2) HERE. She paints more than cows, and I love everything she does.

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Great choice on Gwendolyn! Also, on the white appliances. I always hated the continuous cleaning/wiping down stainless steel required, so we got white appliances. Love them. So excited for your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwendolyn is gorgeous. I have always loved the name Gwendolyn and that is what I named my Grandmother's doll when I was young. Your blank slate kitchen will give you lots of opportunity to make it your own just the way you want it to be. And honoring the old farmstead character is very appropriate. I always love your decorating style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cows. What a surprise! NOT! ~grin~ It's fun reading your thoughts/plans. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see all the wonderful things you are planning to do!! Our buyer backed out this afternoon (with no given reason as far as I have heard) so I am going to live my dream of re-decorating vicariously through you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my pantry! It's almost my favorite room in the house. I think your house is going to be wonderful when you are done - love the colors you are selecting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your plans for the farmhouse kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna