October 16, 2016

This Little Bowl Of Mine...

Brynwood Needleworks - Grandma's Bowl

I don't know whether or not you noticed the bowl (filled with hickory nuts) in yesterday's post, but it's a new addition to the farm. Yesterday morning, our neighbor, Shelly gave it to me. It's so small and sweet.

Brynwood Needleworks - Grandma's Bowl
 
She explained to me that it used to be her grandmother's and would have been used in our home. She wanted me to have it. I know, without a doubt, that God's hand guided us when He brought us to this property. What a blessing that our two families are creating a new history together for this home.
 
I'm working on a special surprise for Shelly, but I know she's reading my blog now, so I'm not going to be able to give you any peeks until after she receives it. (I'll give you a hint, though. It involves me and a sewing machine!)
 
Thank you, sweet Shelly. I'll love, cherish and care for this bowl until I hand it down to the next generation who will love the farm as we do. xo 
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. I did notice this sweet small bowl filled with hickory nuts. How very thoughtful of Shelly to share it with you. She will love your gift and return gesture of kindness. God is Blessing you with Hickory Hill Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "knew" those were your hickory nuts! What a delightful update to yesterday's scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely gift to you from your sweet neighbour and am sure you will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna