November 9, 2017

Back In The Saddle...

Pomegranate Jelly

I'm finally feeling fit again, so of course, I headed to the saddle kitchen. While I was lying around, I was reading my canning cookbooks and came across three recipes I had to make!

The first one I made is a fabulous pomegranate jelly that starts with pomegranate juice! There are only three ingredients...juice, sugar and Sure Jel™. This jelly is seriously delicious!

Yesterday's yield was nine 4 ounce jars and two 8 ounce jars. I know I'll be making more.

Tomato Jam
 
My second recipe is called "Amy's Tomato Jam" from Marisa McClellan's book Food In Jars. This recipe calls for sugar, freshly grated ginger, lime juice, cinnamon and cloves. It can be eaten as traditional jam, or as a condiment. This one took hours to cook down, but it's so wonderful! It was worth the effort. Five pounds of tomatoes yielded eight 4 ounce jars.
 
Yes, I mentioned three recipes, but only have two photographed. The third is being made today. I'm making Christmas Jam. I'll tell you all about that one tomorrow. Man, it's great to be feeling good again!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Donna Dear your kitchen certainly must smell heavenly. I have made a Red Wine jelly very similar to your Pomegranate recipe. Delicious especially served over cream cheese with crackers or veggies along side. Christmas jelly sounds very interesting. So happy you are feeling better and back in the saddle again...Happpy Trails Dale. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're feeling better. And, that you're being productive! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna